Thursday, December 6, 2012

Action Voip Stopped Responding


Some of you might not have heard yet the Action Voip. Action Voip is a small program that makes it possible for the people to make a cheaper call on the internet. By spending a small amount you can make a cheaper call to any country. In countries where there is a big population of expatriates like the middle east a software such as this one is very popular.

One of the managers in the company where I am currently employed called my attention about the Action Voip issue on his laptop. While dialing it stop responding, thus he cannot make a call. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it but it did not help. I also tried other possible solutions like downloading the latest version but it did not help either.

The possible reason why it stop responding can be attributed to the windows update for Windows 7 that may not be fully compatible with Action Voip. However, there is a workaround for this call issue.

Here's how I did it:
  1. Right click on the Action Voip shortcut
  2. Click the Compatibility tab
  3. Put a tick mark on "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
  4. On the combo box select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
  5. Finally, click Apply and OK buttons
That's it.I hope my fellow expatriates will find this post useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment