If you're just testing some settings before you actually do it on a real machine or you simply want to save some money instead of buying a real machine perhaps you might find it's worth checking these two interesting pieces of software - Virtual PC and Virtual Box. Let's talk about their features one by one.
- Installer Size- Virtual Box has a much bigger installer size about double the size of Virtual PC.
- Creating of Virtual Machine - Both of them has almost exactly the same way of creating virtual machines. Although you won't find the exact instructions with the other but the process of creating virtual machine is the same with one another. You can also install the Operating System either through a CD/DVD or through an "iso" file saved on another storage medium.
- Memory - The default value varies depending on the Operating System you are going to install. Although you can adjust the value depending on your requirements.
- Networking - When it comes to setting the network adapter for your virtual network, Virtual PC is much easier compared to Virtual Box once you're done you will be able to see the entire network right away. However, it will take a little more time trouble shooting your virtual network on Virtual Box.
- Switching - When it comes to switching from one machine to another Virtual Box has a bit shorter way you just have to press the right CTRL key. However, on Virtual PC you need to press right ALT + Left Arrow or Right Arrow keys.
- Shared folder - On Virtual PC the shared folder will be available only after you install the Virtual Machine Additions. On Virtual Box you have to install the Guest Additions.
- Language - On Virtual Box there is an option there where the user can change the default language on the other hand on Virtual PC the instructions is written only in English.
- Graphical User Interface - The users will definitely like more the GUI of Virtual Box than Virtual PC.