There are times that we'd like to collaborate with other colleagues from a remote location or on the other part of the globe on a single file. Google docs has the solution for that. You can share excel files, word documents, powerpoint presentations, drawings and forms. The screen shot above is an example on how to share an excel file on the internet. Here's how to do it:
- Open your Gmail account and click Documents.
- Google docs will open up, click Upload.
- Click Start Upload.
- Once you're done uploading your file, click the file that you'd like to share.
- Click the Share drop down list (you'll find this on the upper right of your screen) and click Share.
- The Share Settings will come out. Choose the permission you'd like to apply by clicking Change. Type the email address that you'd like to share with your file. Once you're done you may click Share and Save.
- Your colleagues will receive an email and all they have to do is click the link to open the shared file.